Note that we’re not looking for just a “tester”. You would be Assuring the Quality of our code and product through every means possible – that includes not only writing and executing test specifications yourself, but also empowering “developers” to contribute to QA in an efficient manner. Since automation is a big part of this role, you’d also have the opportunity to use your skills in “DevOps”.
Write and maintain test cases:
- mapped to User Stories and Acceptance Criteria
- in the form of Executable Specifications
- that serve as Living Documentation understood by even non-engineers
- Own the automation of Functional and Performance Testing
- Guide the developers on Unit and Integration Testing.
- Identify cases that should be tested manually.
- Apply analytical and logical thinking to discover edge cases
- Organize test specifications according to impact, component, likelihood, etc.
- Critique the initial requirements and discover edge cases
- Help the Product Manager with writing Acceptance Criteria that can be part of the Living Documentation.
- Evangelize and help adopt BDD and TDD within the engineering team
- Continuous Integration
- Build and Deployment automation
- 4+ years of experience in both manual and automated QA
- Proficient in following technologies
2) Git for version management.
3)Cucumber and Gherkin.
4) Page Object and/or Screenplay design patterns.
5) Web technologies for functional testing: essential knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS.
- Familiar with agile and iterative development processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bonus points for:
1) Prior experience on AWS services and APIs.