Where you fit in
As a Software Engineer, you take ownership of projects, learn, and work collaboratively with your colleagues. You constantly design, test, evolve and evaluate the nuts and bolts of our operation while offering a creative and analytical approach.
The high-quality code that stems from your fingertips is robust, readable and understandable. Your pragmatic test coverage allows you to confidently and responsibly practise continuous refactoring.
As a backend specialist, you’re passionate about building scalable, resilient and secure systems. You’re at home writing platforms and you display an intricate understanding of how each line of code fits into a business plan.
What you’ll be doing
- Design, build and evolve our backend systems to support customer-facing and internal features, while proactively incorporating best practices for security, testability, observability, and analytics.
- Collaborate with cross-functional colleagues to deliver a compelling user experience.
- Contribute to tools, workflows, and culture to ship code from your laptop/workstation to production frequently and confidently.
- Practise Behaviour Driven Development to collaborate and Test Driven Development to ensure high code quality.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables as part of a self-organizing team.
- Learn and unlearn every day by exchanging knowledge and new insights, conducting constructive code reviews, and participating in retrospectives.
You Must Have
- At least 3 years of professional software development experience.
- 3+ years building scalable systems on Node.js.
- 3+ years building highly performant applications involving mission-critical database transactions against a relational database system.
- Proven ability to write clean and SOLID code using Typescript or ES2019+, applying appropriate object-oriented and functional programming design patterns.
- Well-versed with writing DAMP automated tests that are readable and robust.
- Excellent communication skills, spoken as well as written, with a demonstrated ability to articulate technical problems and projects to all stakeholders.
Extra credits for
Experience with these technologies:
- The AWS ecosystem.
- GraphQL services.
- Gherkin syntax and Cucumber for behaviour specifications.
- JVM-based strongly-typed languages like Kotlin, Scala, Groovy, or Java.
- Tools to create and maintain CI/CD pipelines.
- Serverless infrastructure.
- Experience architecting cloud-native systems and managing their production deployments.
Experience with any of these architecture patterns:
- Domain Driven Design.
- Clean Architecture, Hexagonal Architecture, Onion Architecture.
- Event Sourcing and CQRS.
- Different Event Driven Architecture patterns
- Ability to contribute in other parts of the stack – Frontend, DevOps, Test-Automation, etc.
- Experience in financial services or fintech.
- Experience working in product startups.