Kodo is a Y Combinator-backed fintech startup that helps Indian businesses streamline payments using a control-based technology stack, issuing corporate credit cards, and solves for vendor payments through UPI & bank transfers.
As a spend management platform, Kodo serves some of India’s fastest-growing startups and enterprises, including Groww, Zepto, Mobikwik, Dharma Productions, Cars24, Epigamia, Blue Tokai, and Mahindra Logistics. With $14M in funding from investors like YC Continuity, Brex, and Goat Capital, we believe in creating exceptional products for our customers, fostering an enriching environment for our team, and building a solid, profitable business.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Developer to join our team and help us build a new stack focusing on b2b spend management in India. You will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining our backend systems using Kotlin, Micronaut, Spring Cloud, and other cutting-edge technologies. You will also work closely with other engineers to ensure that our systems are scalable, reliable, and secure.
- Design, develop, and maintain backend systems using Kotlin, Micronaut & Spring Cloud
- Work closely with other engineers to ensure that our systems are scalable, reliable, and secure
- Implement unit tests and TDD (test-driven development) to ensure the quality of our code
- Participate in the design and implementation of new features
- Work with other teams to integrate our backend systems with other systems in our ecosystem
- 2+ years of experience in developing backend systems using Kotlin, Micronaut, Spring Cloud, or other similar technologies
- Strong understanding of unit testing and TDD
- Experience with DDD (domain-driven design), CQRS, Clean Architecture, Hexagonal Architecture, Microservices, Multi tenancy and Event Sourcing is a plus
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in developing backend systems for fintech companies
- Experience in developing backend systems for b2b spend management companies
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS or Azure
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
Reports To: CTO